Friday, January 28, 2011

SUPERchicks' swan song

Not the news I was hoping to share today. I will post the intended news and comp details tomorrow.

I'm actually home, slumped on the sofa mid afternoon on a workday and it's not a work from home day. This week I was made redundant. TWICE. So I'm now a very poor lady of leisure, until I figure out a plan. FAST!!


But though my personal situation isn't great, I'm actually VERY sad to be saying so long to SUPERchicks - they have been a personal LIFELINE to me since I moved to London three years ago:

Whilst flatmates, friends and jobs have come and gone, my parents got divorced and I became estranged from my mother; SUPERchicks have been the one constant. A happy, fun and distracting constant that has even made me fitter, happier and healthier when I'd all but given up hope of ever losing all the excess lbs. SUPERchicks has kept me sane, been a great stress buster and has challenged me to get in the best physical shape I can achieve and NOT accept the status quo.

It has literally been the best money I have ever spent in my life. Then latterly, SUPERchicks was a great employer.

But most of all, to me, SUPERchicks are all the amazing, AMAZING people I've been fortunate to train alongside, be inspired by, compete in events and races with, laugh and moan with and share life's ups and downs - be it; job stresses, exams, flat moves, weddings plans, pregnancies, funny stories, dates {more funny stories ;-)) } and fitness adventures and ALL WHILST WORKING OUT either at 7am in the morning or 7pm at night!!

These ladies are literally PHENOMENAL.


Though SUPERchicks has had to bid farewell; Cat, Mel, Sarah, Nic, Dom, AJ, CJ, Jade, Lucinda, Trish, Caitriona, Vicky, Hannah, Zaadi, Shoshana, Kaye, Gemma, Pui-Tien, Emily, Louise, Jen, Lizzie  and ALL the SUPERchicks I've forgetfully omitted will ALWAYS be SUPERchicks in my eyes - with the teeshirts to prove it!








THANK YOU SUPERchicks for inspiring and supporting me in my fitness adventure.
IT HAS BEEN A SUPERDELIGHT AND I WILL SUPERMISS YOU xx

No comments:

Post a Comment