Sunday, January 30, 2011

Review - NYX Black Label Lipstick with swatches

In light of the Cherry Culture sale going on now, I decided to review my favorite lippies from the NYX Collection - the Black Label Lipsticks!

The Round lipsticks are probably the most well known of the NYX brand, but I definitely prefer the Black Label lipsticks - both provide excellent coverage and color, but the BLL offers higher quality, more product, and most importantly (to me at least) - Moisture!

The Black label lipsticks come prepackaged in thin paper boxes - the lipstick itself is housed in a shiny square plastic tube.

Black label lipsticks

The lipsticks swiveled up with and without flash

Black Label Lipsticks open

NYX black label lipstick no flash

*Swatches*

Black Label Lipstick swatches

***

The lipstick feels very slippery and smooth and glides on the lips with ease - the lipstick tastes like grapes which I found rather pleasant.

*Nude*
An opaque nude that provides excellent coverage - this particular nude leans a tiny bit towards the pink side

NYX BLL Nude

***

*India*
An orange-y opaque nude

NYX BLL India

*Girly Pink*
A shimmery baby pink

NYX BLL Girly Pink

*Diva*
Easily my favorite of the bunch, and definitely the most wearable. A very pretty mauvey-pink

NYX BLL Diva

The downside of the packaging is the base of lipstick is not labeled - if you misplace the cap, there's no way of identifying the lipstick by name!

I actually love these lipsticks more than MAC since they don't dry me out and they feel oh-so good on the lips! They offer a large array of colors in varying finishes and are under $10. (If you purchase during a Cherry Culture sale, they should be around $4.80 USD a pop!)

Pros

Price - nab em' when they go on sale!
Great Quality
Moisturizing
Mild and pleasant taste
Wide variety of colors and finishes
Most colors have excellent coverage (one swipe!)
Sturdy packaging
No animal testing


Cons


X Limited availability
X Can't really think of anything else

I don't understand why these aren't more wildly popular! I can't rave enough!

Rating: ♥♥ (5/5)


FYI, the CherryCulture Sale is 20% off the entire site with code VDS20
**Sale ends tomorrow, Feb 1st!**

***

Today was another 'late' day at work. I'm getting home an hour+ later than normal and it's throwing me off! To keep my energy (and spirts up) I need to continue my dedication to power-walking with my favorite Liz!

In random news...

Super cute sleep shorts from Juicy Couture

Juicy shorts


My JILL STUART package arrived!!! I am HEAD OVER HEELS in love. Will post swatches soon! :)

Take care and drive safe out there if you are in the colder parts of the world - it's supposed to go from the 60s to near freezing tomorrow here in Texas. Brrrrr....

No comments:

Post a Comment