Friday, June 25, 2010

Hubris.

If only!!!!

Goodness. I may have been a tad too happy about my recent accomplishment of achieving post-exercise, pain-free nirvana.

Whilst it seems I can powerwalk a marathon overnight with no unwanted side-effects, my pride at jogging for 30 minutes on Tuesday evening has been followed by a swift and brutal crash-landing back down to the reality of unfit, althetic impersonators.

Somehow in the delight of learning to sustain a discernable jog over a distance of more than 200 yards, it seems I have temporarily lost the ability to walk in a fluid motion across a space of two meters. So, I've basically been out of action exercise-wise for the last three days. Really, trully I’m very sad!

MY LEGS ARE SOOOO STIFF. Going down stairs is a total nightmare - especially when you’ve just been lectured at for nearly 2 hours. Toilet breaks are also requiring a total leap of faith - but so far, thankfully, I haven't ended up on the cubicle floor - YET.

Here I’m getting a strangest feeling of deja vu – I’m sure I said almost exactly this when I was just starting out on this mission initially, many moons ago and yet here I am again in exactly the same conundrum.

It seems that for all the immense progress that I’ve made and I'm the first to admit that I have done brilliantly - I have been dreaming about getting myself out of the 12 stone range for YEARS and I have not only done it, I'm nearly also out of the 11 stone range too *Fireworks*.  Unfortunately I am still a bit away from being categorised as a "healthy weight" and personally I still need to achieve a little more to get myself where I want to be physically and aesthetically – I’d be kidding myself if I didn’t want to look just a little more “W.O.W.” than “Has she had a haircut, she looks different?”

However, I also do need this mammoth "get fit and fabulous mission” to come to a definitive end point and move on to just enjoying an active and healthy lifestyle – if only for the sake of my sanity – So, in a moment of amnesia perhaps, I’ve decided to set myself ONE final fitness challenge for later this summer.

Next week, post family holiday jubilation, Girl on a Mission will embark on STAGE 2 – Last (FAT) Chance Saloon.

All details will be revealed next week, but Sergeant Emma may just have struck gold!! (p.s. I promise it won’t involve sponsoring me) x

p.p.s. Never fear - the post marathon jubilation has not deserted me just yet - I plan on basking in my newfound athletic fabulousness (present hobbling aside) and wear my cherished medal all holiday long -guaranteed to drive the family crazy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment