Thursday, June 30, 2011

A sweaty compliment

Today's Crossfit workout was as follows:

  • 10 x burpees

  • 10 x box jumps (onto a tyre - it was lower than the meter high box and guaranteed a softer landing ;-)))

  • 100 skipping jumps or 25 double unders

  • 200m run

Repeat 5 times in 100 degree heat to ensure you feel like you've been properly spanked.

I have to confess that I don't think I will ever be a perfect Crossfitter for one simple reason: Crossfitters need to be focused and methodical BUT I have the mind of a goldfish. Once I've counted past number five, at some unspecified moment I am guaranteed to forget what number I'm at, and so I feel obliged to factor where I think I might be at by 10. It certainly helps the time go faster ;-)) Sometimes doing an exercise for a minute in more traditional circuits feels less complicated. Plus since I do about 4 burpees/minute that would be a way easier workout for me!!

The memory of today's workout faded almost immediately when Ryan, the Crossfit 7 Gym owner, came over post workout to ensure I was JUST imitating a corpse and kindly commented that I reminded him of that actress, whom he couldn't remember the name of, in that film, he couldn't recall the name of, opposite Cameron Diaz. My dear friend Sheridan suggested he might mean 'Predator' - haha thanks.  But we eventually settled on Kate Winslet in The Holiday.

Being told I remind someone of this:

Gotta LOVE a lady who stands up against AirBrushing!!!

Even despite feeling and looking like so:

Is guaranteed to have this effect on me:


Not a bad day's work!! xx

Footnote: My vanity is pretending any likeness between myself and a certain A-list Starlet is not just limited to the accent!

No comments:

Post a Comment