Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Back to School: Time to Play by the Rules!

With September afoot, my mindset is all “Back to School” although I last donned a school uniform nearly a decade ago (excluding those risque fancy dress parties?!) – OMG I can’t be THAT old already?!

Today particularly, I’m feeling sufficiently old skool as this morning SuperTrainer Cat handed me my brand spanking new training timetable for the FINAL 9 week term of Girl on a Mission's attempt to size 10 Birthday Goddess.

{Really why be a Princess when you can be a Goddess?}

So when I’m not attending charm school ;) , working out with SuperChicks or scheming tactics for Commando Challenge/ World Domination; you will now find me colour coding my new workout timetable – highlights include:

Daily morning stretches (which I apparently MUST NOT skip as they are imperative for perfect strapless dress posture)

Three SUPERchick classes a week (only three – this feels SO wrong, but wait a minute...)

A weekly 5km RUN (i.e. two laps of the lake in Hyde Park)

And a timed weekly 10km RUN OR a SuperTrainer Sarah Boxing Session (dual aim: slimination and knackerification)

Weekly Running School Session (first one Saturday -- eeek!)

Powerwalking, powerwalking, powerwalking (my addition)

Additionally my 9 week timetable also includes a 2 week mandatory Nutrition Reset (which FYI I've coloured dark green like rabbit food!).  I’m actually in desperate need of this as I’ve been on a junk food and chocolate loving holiday for really, the whole of August. But it was so much fun - OK so I haven't lost ANY weight over the last 4 weeks but I haven't gained any either!!!!
However now that I've kicked back and had my fun, it's definitely time I went back to Nutrition School and more importantly STICK TO THE RULES. So yes – I’ve just had my last Cadbury’s Dairy Milk chocolate bar for a month, not to mention my last Smartie Cake and Pretzels. I’m THAT serious about being a straight A student. Just check out my SUPERchick Report Card in 9 weeks time!

However, as with any new school year, what I’m most excited by is my new KIT LIST which includes three all important items and no, none of them are navy blue gym knickers – Thank God!

1. School bag!!!!! My current rucksack is just too worn out now for me to fit in with all the cool cats, plus my new bag needs to be completely functional to keep up with my new crazy timetable.

2. Training aid – Just like in maths where its imperative to have the right tools for the job, training also requires some additional kit. This is me procrastinating ALREADY!! as I cannot remember the name of this training aid and SuperTrainer Cat only told me this morning – I can feel LINES acoming – “I must pay attention in class and not forget the name of my new superduper training aid” x 100!!

3. Back to School Shoes Although my feet haven't grown over the Summer Break, nonetheless new shoes are desired rather than required. And no, none of those patent leather buckled monstrosities – but rather some crazy new training footware.

More on all of these Back to School essentials very soon (plus my Dad, all too eagerly if you ask me, has dug out a pic of me, aged 4, in my first oversized school uniform and beret! so I will post this too for your amusement).

But right now I have to get back to colour coding my new training timetable, then it's early to bed for me – it’s a school night after all! x

No comments:

Post a Comment