Thursday, August 18, 2011

Fundiddliumptious

My holiday in a word!


So much fun, sun and giggles. I can't tell you how nice it is to finally have a tan when I'm this close to the equator. Actually I can:

The epitome of grace!!

This is all the exercise I've done in a week - no joke. I did once climb to the third floor gym but decided that just climbing the stairs was enough i.e. totally knackering!

Instead I mostly consumed things like this:

Freshly made chips - made right in front of us
The Real Jersey Housewives set, NJ
Serendipity 3: Hot Fudge Sundae
3rd and 60th, NYC
Andy Warhol dined here
This was my only salad of the week - so bad, so so bad.
Spring Street Natural Restaurant in The Village, NYC didn't disappoint
YUMMMMMMMMMMMY

Wait I did do some sea kayaking but I mostly cruised. NEVER put me in a double kayak! Max is a hopeless rower and I had my paddle upside down most of the time!!

Max finding his sea legs on dry land

And shock horror I uncovered some scales:

Even the sparkle can't distract from the truth.
Current weight = unacceptable 12.0 stone

Walking in NYC and seeing all these amazingly dressed women reminded me that I can either eat whatever I want OR I can look amazing and dress like these girlies. I can't have it both ways. Yesterday I spotted my double chin reappearing and sitting on the plane home this morning for 5 hours I could feel my stomach creasing uncomfortably over itself and decided happily that enough is enough with the eating non-stop malarky. I am in a happy place mentally, I had a G.R.E.A.T holiday and I got my mojo back and then some BUT NOW IT'S TIME to get back on the paleo wagon (i.e. no carbs and no sugar) and stay disciplined until those 24lbs come off and more. It's time to prove I have what it takes to complete a half marathon, to get back to my slimmer self and to rock Crossfit til those abs magically appear.

To celebrate this decision (and to give me a much needed wardrobe option in light of my temporary excess(ive) weight gain) I remembered that fat doesn't have to mean ugly and so I splurged (all $25.00 - 60% off!!) on the most divinely comfortable summer dress EVER.  Think this but in a dress:


Right now I'm trying to decide if attempting Crossfit this afternoon - a gentle intro 4 x 400 meter runs and 30 sit ups in 100 degrees - is a wise thing to do on 4 hours sleep, horribly conjested lungs (I didn't lie when I said I'd done NO, NADA, ZERO exercise for a week - breathing is hard work) and seeing in triplicate or whether that adds to the fun/pain?

Check out my lobster tan!!

Thanks Miss M for the most fundiddliumptious holiday a girl could wish for  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment