Who doesn't LOVE Summer and all the possibilities it brings?!
In truth, I have been coasting on my current weight plateau for months. I am far from petite but truthfully I am happy where I am. REPEAT: I am farrrrrrrrr from perfect and there are a thousand things I would change about myself - inside and out - if I could only locate a suitably qualified fairy godmother. But for me, size 12 land is a pretty rare and so pretty happy place to be.
When you have been a horribly wobbly size 14-16+ for years and years AND YEARS and maddeningly unable to change that, being a size 12, even being stuck at size 12 is UTTER BLISS by comparison. I still have a belly and I wouldn't wear a bikini or a top that doesn't fall to at least my hips in public EVEN if you paid me a £1million smackaroonies. No-one wants to see a muffin top/ jelly belly and I would die of shame so OF COURSE I would LOVE to change that. But recently size 12 happiness has been sapping my fitness superpowers and fuelling the too frequent sugar feasts.
Today though a couple of things changed - today was the first day of truly tee-shirt weather. Balmy. Sunny. And completely "summer sun, something's begun, but uh-oh those summer nights" summer lovin. Previously I hated this change in the weather as it meant not being able to hide my bulk under those brilliantly disguising winter layers. FYI Winter is a blessed relief to those who are not a perfect physical specimen. Summer, not so much.
But actually being able to walk home in a tee {and leggings!} reminded me of the stakes: Being able to wear WHATEVER I want, however summer skimpy - in what is shaping up to be the BEST POSSIBLE SUMMER EVER. That is worth a £1million smackaroonies to me and an opportunity not to be wasted. I will never get a summer like this AGAIN - pesky life will never allow the fates to align in this way again for sure. This is too precious even for me to mess up!
And to drive the message home, a conversation with my boss today which resulted in being asked to act up to a senior management level until I depart for my SUMMER FUN reminded me just how motivating AMBITION is - heart and panic attack inducing ;-) but UBER-MOTIVATING.
There was a definite spring in my step on my walk home tonight - that's been missing whilst I've been happily taking up resident in size 12 land.
Summer Lovin' Hottie is Hot to Trot! xx

No comments:
Post a Comment