Run target for the week - 40km/ 25 miles
Planned route for today - 4 miles: West Hampstead to Hyde Park Corner
Actual Distance Run - c. 3 miles {+ 1.4 miles (7 x 0.2 mile laps during SUPERchick circuits)}
Time running continuously before 1st walking break - 12 minutes
Time taken overall - 42 minutes
Number of walking breaks - over 10 (though none during S/C circuits)
Distance left to run to reach weekly target - 33km/ 21 miles
Blonde running moment - Thinking SUPERchicks started at 6pm so sprinting from Marble Arch down to Hyde Park Corner: Fortunately I met Kaye on her Janathon Run half way down the park who confirmed I am an idiot and that I still had 30 mins!
SUPERchick run circuit:
The day's rest has done me good - I can't say that my heart leapt at the prospect of today's run but I kept at it and it felt SO, SO much easier than Saturday's attempt although there were admittedly too many walking breaks overall. Not a bad start to the week's tally though.
One of the things that has puzzled me for AGES has been my complete inability to say more than one or two words at a time whilst running, whilst other people can chat away really happily the entire time. I just thought that I was totally unfit but I can across something in Major Sam McGrath's Para Fitness Guide this weekend that struck a chord. (The Para Fitness Guide is one of those New Year, New You Book releases but one of the best ones out this year, in my humble opinion: It's FULL of useful nuggets, solid training info and training plans AND crucially pictures of HOT military men working out!! What more could you want!!)
Anyway the Major lays out a really interesting table on gauging the intensity of cardio vascular training and the benefits of the different training zones, that I wanted to share:
According to the Major and the Spartans, the reason why I still have a protruding tummy is that I spend all my time training in my aerobic or anaerobic training zone aka I only manage to utter up to three words at a time.
Clearly I must master the art of running and chatting simultaneously to achieve that long awaited flat stomach. But as I may look weird chatting to myself - perhaps I will aim to run and sing (very out of tune I should add) - That won't look at all odd!! xx


No comments:
Post a Comment